Andy J Smith, MA, DPhil (Oxon), FRAS
Full publication list
- Whistler duct structure and formation.
- Whistler fine structure.
- Ducted whistler mode propagation and duct coupling.
- Properties of the plasmapause and its relationship to the mid-latitude F-region ionospheric trough.
- The plasmaspheric bulge region.
- The effect of magnetic storms on the plasmasphere.
- Wave particle interactions in the magnetosphere, particularly of whistler mode waves.
- Lightning-induced changes in the ionosphere and magnetosphere.
- Hot plasma and non-linear effects on wave generation and propagation.
- Effects of Power Line Harmonic Radiation on the magnetosphere and its relationship to magnetospheric line radiation.
- Effects of localised WPI induced particle precipitation into the ionosphere.
- Subionospheric VLF propagation and direction-finding.
- The association between ULF pulsations and related VLF intensity modulations.
- Global change in the plasma wave environment of geospace due to lightning and anthropogenic sources.
- Substorm chorus events and the role of waves in electron acceleration and precipitation.
- The role of chorus in the acceleration of electrons to relativistic energies.